Motorhomes, Campervans, Van Conversions and Caravans All Welcome

HomeHome  SearchforsitesSearchforsites  EventsEvents  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Thanks for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~ Your next Motor-Homers meet is: Marbury Park, Northwich, Cheshire, 23rd to 28th Aug 2018 ~~~~~ Please CLICK HERE to view all of our rallies in 2018
Latest topics
» New Layout
by KSH Yesterday at 11:23

» 9. Pugneys 20th to 25th Sept 2018 CANCELLED By P. Jollins
by KSH Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 22:08

» Our George
by Ambilkate Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 12:19

» 7a Franks Field, 2nd to 5th Aug 2018
by Ambilkate Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 9:06

» motorhome vent
by KSH Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 20:31

» Events V Calendar
by elldwin Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 21:00

» Motorhome parking.
by tessajoe Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 14:32

» Whistling gypsy ( Bob and Barb)
by Ambilkate Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 8:45

» Haven Holidays Marton Mere
by debbie Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 10:12

» M6 closed jct 32 to 33
by Chameleon Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 10:07

» 6. Wilsthorpe Bridlington 8th to 18th July 2018
by KSH Sat 21 Jul 2018 - 22:40

» 5. Shrewsbury Food Festival - 21/6/18 - 25/6/18
by KSH Sat 21 Jul 2018 - 16:06

» BBQ
by Polly Thu 19 Jul 2018 - 21:25

» Newbies
by KSH Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 15:40

» Newbe
by Middle East driver Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 15:26

» Solar for sale
by debbie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:35

» My 2018 Adventure
by Ambilkate Sat 7 Jul 2018 - 11:10

» 7. The Scotch Piper - 26/7/18 - 30/7/18 CANCELLED
by KSH Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 20:27

» Lost Operators Manual
by KSH Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 14:49

» How We Doing
by elldwin Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 7:04

» Cleaning up
by KSH Sat 30 Jun 2018 - 8:56

Share | 

Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eaglewings

PostSubject: Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs   Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 0:12

Wondered if we could have another group on dealership maybe rating on a one to five star basis. This will help us all to decide where we can go to get good service or repairs done/ which to avoid. 
As M/H owners we can exchange experiences. 

We have taken our van in to a dealership ( can't name and shame at the moment but will do when the repair is completed....) for a repair before we swap it next weeks for our new van with another dealer.
We have waited 4 months for a part from Eldiss through our insurance company.
The part has been at the repair shop from a certain dealer for 12 weeks but because of misleading and bad service we were only booked in today for the repair...to be told even though the vehicle is here today you may not get it done for two weeks as we have a backlog ...very rude very uncaring...until I threatened with suing them for breaking the written contract and costing us a lot of money if we could not complete the deal on our P X with our new motorhome next week due to their incompancy. Result we will start your repair today......after giving his staff ( the owner ) an embarrassing dressing down in front of us...for promising us they would do the repair today....even though it was not his staff it was him the owner who promised us.....we had a terrible morning with this dealer and still do not know if the repair will be done in time for our deal to be ok...so a list of dealers and experiences would be very helpful to us all we think. What do you all think? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Leapy

PostSubject: Re: Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs   Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 6:14

Difficult one this Marie as many people will have completely different experiences with same dealer- bit like when you go to change your van - some are very pleased with a deal whilst others can't agree on one at all

Sorry to hear that you are having such a negative experience-hope things are sorted soon
Back to top Go down
Eaglewings

PostSubject: Re: Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs   Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 9:26

I agree with what you are saying. I wasn't meaning review on what we buy more on the experience. Ie communication meeting deadlines. After sales. I thought it would give us all an idea if someone mentioned a great deal, after sales and experience many times from certain dealers it would at least give us some confidence to deal with them at our own discretion of course.

I actually checked out our repair dealer after the fact and noticed on other forums many complaints about customer care, if I had seen this first I would have used another company via my insurance ( who by the way are caravan guard and have been brill throughout. ) The dealer we are buying our new van from has been excellent also and a small dealership with many extras added on to our sale.  He has even taxed and registered our van with number plates etc and we haven't even paid for it yet....
Maybe we could try it out as a pilot trial on the forum? What does others think.
. . .? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs   

Back to top Go down

Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motor-Homers :: Community :: Motorhome Related Discussions-
Jump to: