Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesStolen Motorhome DatabaseRegisterLog in
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» 5. Lee Meadow Farm Matlock, 11th to 18th June
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Mon 22 Apr 2024 - 22:03

» 1. Haxey Quays, 9 nights 03/05/24 - 12/05/24
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 16:29

» 3. Bridlington meet 1st to 10th June
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 16:34

» 4. Bakewell meet, 2nd to 11th June 2024
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Garjanco Wed 3 Apr 2024 - 14:48

» 2) Breighton Ferry, 12th to 17th May
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Chameleon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:16

» New Member Hello to all
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby beerdrinker Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 17:35

To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Mon 29 Jan 2024 - 19:33

» RIP Sharon Lomas
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Tue 16 Jan 2024 - 21:49

» Christmas greetings
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 21:35

» Emmisions
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby rebbyvid Tue 12 Dec 2023 - 13:36

» 6) Xmas meet at Whittingham club, 30/11/23 to 04/12/23
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 21:56

» Rally Group Reminder
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:51

» 2024 meets open
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:37

» 2023 AGM details
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:14

» 4) Bridlington meet, 4th to 11th July 2023
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:02

» Techno
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:55

» SORRY
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:49

» Birthday greetings
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:46

» 5) Haxey Quays 29/09/23 to 09/10/23
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby graham & dale Fri 29 Sep 2023 - 13:49

» New meet lee meadow farm
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 23:45

» Morecambe
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 18:58

» 2) The Breighton Ferry, Breighton Selby, 01/05/23 to 09/05/23
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:56

» 3) Bakewell Rally 1st June to 8th June 2023
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:23

» 1) Haxey Quays, 21st April to 1st May 2023
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:11

» Rally Pack
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 20:42

» Apologies I've deleted pics of fbook group
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 23:45

» Happy birthday Jolly Camper
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Fri 2 Jun 2023 - 13:55

» 2023 - Motor-Homers AGM, time and location
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 28 May 2023 - 20:04

» Hello everyone.
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sun 28 May 2023 - 19:25

» INFO FOR THOSE ATTENDING BAKEWELL 1stJUNE TO 8th 2023
To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 27 May 2023 - 23:17

To display or not ???

Go down 
+5
debbie
Polly
Tugga
bjderbys
KSH
9 posters
AuthorMessage
woody68

woody68

To display or not ??? Empty
PostSubject: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2014 - 22:44

Last week i noticed the tax disc holder on the car had dropped off due to the condensation etc , so i thought oh well , according to what i understand from 1st of october theres no need to display it anymore . My wife is registered disabled so has a blue badge and is exempt from road tax . After shopping last monday morning we got back to the car and we had a penalty notice on the windscreen , the charge was for not displaying a parking ticket ,now in this car park there is no charge for anyone displaying a blue badge and exempt from road tax , i sent the parking admin section an e mail + photos of both items stating that we had infact displayed the blue badge but i had removed the tax disc because i understood from 1st oct there was no need to display it anymore , ive received a letter from them this morning saying my case is on hold untill they make a decision . OK now i realise the warden would see the blue badge and i know that without the disc theres no proof on the car saying tax exempt , surely these people have the same means as the police to check these things saving all this bother , so if tax exempt should we carry on displaying the tax disc even when its out of date , because we aint getting another one . ???  Question
Back to top Go down
KSH

To display or not ??? 600010
KSH

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2014 - 23:00

It looks like they haven't prepared for this and I don't think you have anything to worry about. What if you bought a new car, you wouldn't have a disc to display then

bjderbys

To display or not ??? 25010
bjderbys

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2014 - 23:56

You can drive any vehicle and use you blue badge whether or not it is tax exempt
Back to top Go down
Tugga

To display or not ??? 75010
Tugga

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov 2014 - 6:54

I was always under the impression that the Blue Badge was for a person not a vehicle so am at a loss as to why a car parking company would allow free parking for a blue badge holder who is exempt from road tax.  That is making the Blue Badge scheme tiered, which is isn't.  We all have to have assessments now to see if we really need one so it certainly should not be tiered.

Hope you get this sorted soon Woody and its in your favour.
Back to top Go down
Polly

To display or not ??? 500010
Polly

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov 2014 - 9:58

Hia

Yes I believe from when my mum had a blue badge it's the person and they have to be with you
Back to top Go down
woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 10:21

There seems to be a problem here understanding blue badges and tax exempt  , if you are tax exempt your usually getting the full DLA and are really limited in your ability to walk any distance etc , so your granted this over and above the blue badge , in some car parks this ensures that the really needy person can park nearest to the facilities / entrances etc , which in my mind is how it should be , some councils allow free parking for tax exempt others dont , believe me they are few and far between . Im sure if you were one of these people who cant get around without sticks etc and need a car or need to be near hospitals, shops , or whatever you would be thankfull for it .Theres no 2 tier system , a blue badge is a blue badge , and can be used in any vehicle as long as the owner of that badge is in that vehicle , the tax exempt part relates to the taxing of the vehicle , so is for the vehicle registered as tax exempt and that vehicle only .
Back to top Go down
debbie

To display or not ??? 50010
debbie

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 10:41

Unfortunately, due to abuse by people who should not have a blue badge, Disabled people are often looked down upon by some, and then there are the people who think it is OK to park and just "nip" somewhere, and then there are the vast amount of forgeries about. The orange badge was in complete dis-array, but at least Traffic wardens could see the photo of the disabled person. A golden opportunity was presented when the change to blue badges was made, but was not taken, and as a result the blue badge scheme is in total dis-array, and as usual, the powers that be, regard disabled people as being not very important, and not a vote catcher. Disability comes in many forms, and is not allways visible. So unfortunately the melee will just carry on.
To display or not ??? 4287546312
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 11:11

Do you not get free parking with the blue badge? I thought you did.
In regard to your original post about them being able to check if it was taxed, I doubt these would have access to that information but since scrapping the tax disk they have had to put something in place so anyone can check if a vehicle is taxed, for when you hire a car, borrow one, works vehicles etc, not sure what it will say if it's tax exempt so try it, nothing to stop the wardens from doing this check - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 15:49

Well ken i tried it and it gives all the details , make of car , colour , whether its taxed or not but doesnt include the tax class , which i suppose only the authorities have got access to , and yes you do get free parking with a blue badge in some car parks , but others state you have to pay unless  you  show the blue badge and a tax disc stating disabled , but of course now theres no tax disc to display , so without a disc the only way to find out is to have some equipment like the police have which uses the DVLA database for info .
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 16:00

So it shows up as a taxed vehicle then??
Thats no good for the parking wardens to use in this case then if they want to see it is tax exempt, maybe you have hit on something they never thought about here but I still think you will be OK

Quicksam

To display or not ??? 100010
Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 17:47

Motorbility website says ...
( Motorbility website )

Without a tax disc, how can I prove I’m entitled to free parking?

As this is a new change, there are currently no standardised rules, however, it is down to your local authority to manage who is entitled to free parking. Some councils have advised they will use the visual inspection of a Blue Badge to decide if a vehicle is eligible for free parking, whereas other wardens will check the DVLA's electronic record to confirm whether a vehicle is taxed in the disabled class.

But council websites still say a tax disc should be displayed - Wandsworth is an example ( the website was updated in August this year.) It says " If you don't need to pay vehicle tax you still need to apply for a tax disc and display the 'nil value disc' on your vehicle. "

What a mess !!
Back to top Go down
woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 18:13

Exactly what a mess , DVLA says no need to display from october 1st , my daughter renewed her road tax but didnt get a tax disc so how would she go on if she was exempt ? After all this i cant see me getting a fine but at the same time , i bet its been a wake up call for someone . Shocked
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 18:19

Why is your car tax exempt anyway? Is it because of the level of disability? If it is something like that then there going to have to do something like have a section on the blue badge that indicates this

woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 21:52

yes it is , and yes thats what they need something like an add on for the blue badge so that it can be displayed along wit or with the blue badge .
Back to top Go down
woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Dec 2014 - 14:39

Ive now received a letter concerning  my parking ticket , they say no further action will be taken , [ which i expected ] they also say at the moment they have no way of knowing what the taxation status of a vehicle is [ tax exempt etc ] apparently they can only access DVLA the same way anyone else can  , and they have asked me to display my tax disc even if out of date so that it can be read by their operatives , so that they can compile a list of exempt vehicles , obviously until they come up with something better . So anyone out there who is tax exempt  , please carry on displaying your tax disc even if not current , that way youll not get a ticket in tax exempt car parks .  ;-)
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Dec 2014 - 15:38

Good news cheers

woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Dec 2014 - 18:05

i just hope ive woken someone up , and started then thinking . Wink
Back to top Go down
woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Dec 2014 - 21:42

Poloe borough website now says 
[size=14]If you have a disability tax exempt vehicle you can still park free of charge in Poole’s public car parks. However, due to the abolition of tax discs, any person with a disabled tax exemption vehicle should  continue to display their Nil tax disc (even if it is out of date so we can still check validity). Alternatively, to register your vehicle with the Council in order to continue to receive the free parking concession please send evidence of your vehicles disabled tax exemption via email to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or by post to Parking Administration Section, PO Box 5038, Poole, BH15 2WG. Evidence could either be a copy of your current tax disc, a copy of the letter from Motability Operations Ltd or a copy of DVLA documents showing the Tax class as Disabled.  For further advice on the scheme please contact the Parking Administration Section on 01202 634240. Please note that this is a temporary arrangement and we will update customers with any new arrangement via Borough of Poole website and other media channels at the appropriate time.[/size]
Blue Badge Holders will be subject to the normal parking charges within all surface Off Street Car Parks. 
Free parking is available for Blue Badge Holders in all on street “Pay and Display” areas but subject to any time restrictions stipulated on the machine’s information plate or other signs within the parking area and your badge and clock must be displayed.
Tax exempt drivers due to disability are allowed to park free in all surface and on-street Pay & Display car parks but must obey time restrictions stipulated on the machine's information plate or other signs within the car park; 
Designated spaces have been marked for Blue Badge Holders in all car parks.  Your badge and clock must be displayed if using a designated disabled bay.
Multi-storey car parks are not suitable for motor caravans due to a height restriction.
Multi-storey car parks are not free to either disabled blue badge or tax exempt vehicles.
Back to top Go down
woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeSat 6 Dec 2014 - 16:08

The rules 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

To display or not ??? 100010
Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2015 - 13:42

Having recently become eligible for a disabled blue badge this subject is of interest to me.

Further to the above a person holding and displaying a disabled badge can park on double yellow lines for three hours, providing the vehicle is some 30feet from a road junction.

Last month my daughter, grandchildren and I had to attend Nottingham Court.  We parked in a disabled bay in the multi storey carpark having collected a parking ticket on the way in.  I had displayed my blue badge.  On return within 3hours, we expected to pay for parking but were told we were entitled to the three hours free parking that a disabled blue badge allowed.
So well done Nottingham.

But what I do object to is our local Tescos disabled parking policy.  Over the Christmas period abled people were parking in the disabled bays and running away to do their shopping.  I parked in a normal bay which is restrictive as I now need to be able to open the vehicle door wide to leave and enter the vehicle.  I went to the customer service desk and asked what Tescos policy was regarding able bodied parking in disabled park with out a blue badge.  Answer there wasn't a policy!  What is the point of Tescos having disabled marked bays. Grrrrrrrrr. Haven't been back since.
Back to top Go down
woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2015 - 22:46

Im afraid this happens everywhere , my worst is at the local hospital if we have a early morning appointment we cant get in the disabled spots , theyre being used by the nightshift because these spots are near the entrance .
Back to top Go down
The Burchies

To display or not ??? 300010
The Burchies

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015 - 9:04

Is that poole hospital?, if so it is near on impossible to park there at the best of times!
Back to top Go down
woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015 - 10:43

The Burchies wrote:
Is that poole hospital?, if so it is near on impossible to park there at the best of times!
Yep your right , there is a multi story nexy door but its easier to park at the entrance if you can .
Back to top Go down
The Burchies

To display or not ??? 300010
The Burchies

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015 - 14:27

They could do with rebuilding a new poole hospital like the Bournemouth one!
Back to top Go down
woody68

woody68

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 22:24

Your not wrong there , itll never happen though .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To display or not ???   To display or not ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To display or not ???
Page 1 of 1