» For Sale - Carthago chic C line i51 Fiat Ducato 3.0L
by KSH Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 20:21

» 2017 AGM
by Polly Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 18:40

» NEC
by Chocy boy Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 22:28

» happy birthday Ken
by Ambilkate Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 19:34

» 9. British Musical Fireworks Southport, Sept 29th to Oct 2nd - 3 nights - CANCELLED
by KSH Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 1:24

» Stolen from Carshorton surrey on 3-10-17 - NX55 CXU
by KSH Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 10:24

» Is it better to buy from a Dealer close to you.
by debbie Thu 5 Oct 2017 - 11:22

Weather

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weather

Post by heyupluv on Tue 1 Sep 2015 - 7:01

The weather this year is so variable here in Northern France it just does not seem settled for a long period time...one or two days then it changes from ...a very hot day or two...then lots of rain....then wind.....

I hope none of our members are stuck / caught up in the strikers blockage in Calais..again..at least in a Motorhome you have.. a toilet...cooking facilities..heating...water....food...and a bed with somewhere to sleep...it is just the ports are not a holiday venue.......

Nothing like if you are sat in a car...or at the Train station with a family sleeping rough...with the holiday week slowly getting smaller...

Well lets hope anybody going away for there summer autumn holidays gets.. sun.. sea... enjoyment....and has a great holiday
heyupluv

Location : Yarkshire man Through and Through now living in France ..."Todmordenn".?? Where is Todmorden.. I heard somebody say "Todmorden" it is in Lancashire.... Thank goodness...Ken you nearly had me going there

Back to top Go down

Re: Weather

Post by Polly on Tue 1 Sep 2015 - 10:43

His

Don't think we have had good weather since Brid.
I was away last week with the family in Wales and on the Sunday we got absolutely soaked and I mean soaked . The rain was coming down like do bees, but not hailstone. The pavements were flooded.
The rest of the week during the day was dry . Thank goodness but we had a chilly wind 
But we enjoyed
Polly

Back to top Go down

Post by whistlinggypsy on Tue 1 Sep 2015 - 13:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The weather this year is so variable here in Northern France it just does not seem settled for a long period  time...one or two days then it changes from ...a very hot day or two...then lots of rain....then wind.....

I hope none of our members are stuck / caught up in the strikers blockage in Calais..again..at least in a Motorhome you have.. a toilet...cooking facilities..heating...water....food...and a bed with somewhere to sleep...it is just the ports are not a holiday venue.......

Nothing like if you are sat in a car...or at the Train station with a family sleeping rough...with the holiday week slowly getting smaller...

Well lets hope anybody going away for there summer autumn holidays gets.. sun.. sea... enjoyment....and has a great holiday
Fully agree Mel, we set off tomorrow for 4 weeks in Germany and the long range forecast was decent for September but who knows that could all change, using the tunnel for both crossings so hopefully we should not be delayed, but we have the Caravan for use if necessary, just do not like leaving the car unattended if we have a kip in the van but the alarm should wake me if the need arises.

I was going to see if I could get to see Laneside on the way back but that will depend on time and the route we use to come back.

Glad to see the new pooch is settling in, love to Christine.
whistlinggypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by heyupluv on Tue 1 Sep 2015 - 15:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The weather this year is so variable here in Northern France it just does not seem settled for a long period  time...one or two days then it changes from ...a very hot day or two...then lots of rain....then wind.....

Fully agree Mel, we set off tomorrow for 4 weeks in Germany and the long range forecast was decent for September but who knows that could all change, using the tunnel for both crossings so hopefully we should not be delayed, but we have the Caravan for use if necessary, just do not like leaving the car unattended if we have a kip in the van but the alarm should wake me if the need arises.

I was going to see if I could get to see Laneside on the way back but that will depend on time and the route we use to come back.

Glad to see the new pooch is settling in, love to Christine.

Hi Bob...this what our English neighbour, who has just replied on his return back home in the UK today on the tunnel...From Calais to England.."Massive truck queue but our only delay is no early trains lots of migrants "...

Also Bob check with Alan before you call....as we know he is coming back over to the uk, crosses on the 10th of September at Calais...and will be back around the 26th 27th as on the 28th he is have a wood brner fitted...if you intend to call in that period
heyupluv

Location : Yarkshire man Through and Through now living in France ..."Todmordenn".?? Where is Todmorden.. I heard somebody say "Todmorden" it is in Lancashire.... Thank goodness...Ken you nearly had me going there

Back to top Go down

Post by whistlinggypsy on Tue 1 Sep 2015 - 15:30

Hi Bob...this what our English neighbour, who has just replied on his return back home in the UK today on the tunnel...From Calais to England.."Massive truck queue but our only delay is no early trains lots of migrants "...

Also Bob check with Alan before you call....as we know he is coming back over to the uk, crosses on the 10th of September at Calais...and will be back around the 26th 27th as on the 28th he is have a wood burner fitted...if you intend to call in that period

Yes Mel, I knew about Alan's trip and the dates he will be around and I have told him I will contact him if I get in the area, it's all hit and miss at the moment as we have no definite plans just an a few ideas of want we want to see and do and which way we decide to return to France.

As for the migrants I will strap Barb to the roof rack with a rolling pin in her hand and she will frighten them all away, but do not tell her anything yet as I want it to be a nice surprise for her.
whistlinggypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leapy on Tue 1 Sep 2015 - 18:25

Beautiful  when I left Weymouth - raining heavily when I got home - says it all really
Leapy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum