Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorhomes, Campervans, Van Conversions and Caravans All Welcome

HomeHome  SearchforsitesSearchforsites  EventsEvents  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» Hayfield
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Quicksam Mon 21 Sep 2020 - 14:10

» Anyone interested in organising a rally in 2021?
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 19:56

» 2020 Trip
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 17:30

» TV and box
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby John Sutcliffe Fri 11 Sep 2020 - 1:30

» Bridlington dates 2021
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby graham & dale Wed 9 Sep 2020 - 14:10

» Filter Water Jug
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby KSH Tue 1 Sep 2020 - 13:46

» I do chip for Motorhomes and caravans
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Wed 19 Aug 2020 - 12:45

» RENEWING MY DRIVING LICENCE AT 70
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Chameleon Wed 19 Aug 2020 - 12:04

» Adverts
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Quicksam Wed 12 Aug 2020 - 22:39

» Coronavirus
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Mon 10 Aug 2020 - 11:39

» SCAM
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Thu 6 Aug 2020 - 13:28

» SAT NAV
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Thu 6 Aug 2020 - 13:22

» Happy 70th birthday Polly
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Thu 6 Aug 2020 - 13:18

» Outwell Ripple Motor 380SA M
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby whistlinggypsy Sun 5 Jul 2020 - 16:23

» Stolen Motorhome Database App
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby KSH Wed 1 Jul 2020 - 23:19

» Names put on list for meets
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Traytone Sat 13 Jun 2020 - 23:34

Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Sat 13 Jun 2020 - 16:25

» This time last year 2019
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Sun 7 Jun 2020 - 19:33

» great few days
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby tessajoe Fri 22 May 2020 - 9:28

» Happy Saint Georges Day
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby Polly Fri 1 May 2020 - 20:21

» 2020 Meets
Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Emptyby KSH Fri 20 Mar 2020 - 18:44

Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chameleon

Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training 100010
Chameleon

Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training Empty
PostSubject: Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training   Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 10:29

I have been interviewed on the radio this morning regarding a Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] course run locally by Radio York and British Red Cross which I attended some years ago.  Was asked if I had used any part of the course since - which I have.

We came across an accident in the very early hours one morning near Dundee.  A car was on the wide grass verge with a screaming female passenger and the driver was in total shock just staring into space. The car had been hit by a wagon the driver was hobbling down the road to see if they were still alive.  Had to call the emergency services and get the wagon driver into a warm vehicle because he was in shock. Colin disconnected the car battery as we couldn't gain access to the car.

Then there was the accident which occurred in front of me when waiting at a road junction to turn right. The injured man phoned me when he left hospital to thank me for helping him.

For quite some time I have been saying that CPR should be taught in schools as it is a life skill.  Well someone must have been listening, because today 12000 secondary school children in North Yorkshire are being taught CPR by the British Heart Foundation and Yorkshire Ambulance Services. If its a similar course as I attended you are shown how to put a person in the recovery position, how to check if they are in a coma or worse and what to do if you come across an accident of any sort.

Just think when the children go home tonight and show their families the CPR skill they have been taught today that is potentially 30000 people who know what to do in an emergency.

I have posted this elsewhere on the forum.
Back to top Go down

Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] Training
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motor-Homers :: Community :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: